How to not burn meth so quickly...
john
2004-12-13 07:53:35 UTC
Now I think i know what the problem is but I want to know what all of
you do? Seems with me that you should use a new pipe or at least blow a
new bowl each time you pack a bowl... otherwise after using a pipe a
couple times it seems that the meth seems to burn quicker. Now this
occurs even more so when you use a torch to clean your pipe. So what i
have been told to just use a new pipe/bowl each time. What is your
practice? Just seems like a waist to burn perfectly good meth quicker
than it should.

Also, what other tips do you have to get the most out of smokeing your
shit? i.e. blowing out of your nose? holding it in longer? what else?

AND well im at it... you ever notice that if you hold the smoke in
longer the less of it you blow out? when i take small hits and blow it
out imediatly seems like more smoke comes out than when I take a bigger
hit and hold it in... does this have to do with it being water soluable
and your lungs absorbing it all?

Thanks for listening to my raving, like to hear your opinions
Gadgetgirl
2004-12-13 10:41:20 UTC
first the more you use a glass pipe and then clean it with a torch.
The glass will get thinner, which in the end would make the meth heat up
faster.

Don't clean your pipe after every use. Only do it when it really needs it.
If your pipe is that bad after each use there is something wrong.
either your heating it wrong, or your getting dirt stuff, your putting to
high of a heat &
flame on it, & it also depends on what type of glass your using.
Those i think are the top ones but there are also few others.

When heating your glass make sure you keep rolling the glass around
(don't let your stuff just sit in 1 area while smoking it)
otherwise you'll over heat your stuff & this could cause it to get
overcooked

if your glass is getting dark residue stuck to the glass after your done.
try putting a small amount of acetone on it then dry it before smoking it.
it could have dirt in it and this would get the impurities out of it.

I very rarely ever need to clean my pipe after every use. many times i'll
go
3 maybe 4 times i even that before I do. Ya I guess you could change to a
different pipe each time.
If your lucky enough to have enough pipes laying around for everytime you
want to smoke
some. To some people that's alot of pipes PER DAY he-he

If your using a torch keep your flame low. don't have it right up & on the
glass
remember it's called a 'torch" for a reason

how 2 smoke it? I smoke it as if I was smoking say pot.
I hold it in longer then i do when i smoke ciggs. But that's because
where I'm from it's getting harder & harder to get (the cops r winning)
So I like to relish it as much as possible I guess.

And you might be smoking it if you hit it then just blow it out.
But you get it a better buzz that will last longer if you "INHALE"
down into your lungs & hold it in a bit. don't just smoke it into
your mouth then let it out. (haven't you ever smoked a ciggarette?)
it's basicly the same effect.

Post by john
[...]
---
Sparrow 13
2004-12-14 00:19:21 UTC
john wrote...
Post by john
Now I think i know what the problem is but I want to know what all of
you do? Seems with me that you should use a new pipe or at least blow a
new bowl each time you pack a bowl... otherwise after using a pipe a
couple times it seems that the meth seems to burn quicker. Now this
occurs even more so when you use a torch to clean your pipe. So what i
have been told to just use a new pipe/bowl each time. What is your
practice? Just seems like a waist to burn perfectly good meth quicker
than it should.
A new stem every time? Wow, man, you are talking about a considerable outlay
of time and/or expenses which is entirely not necessary. There could be one of
two things you're doing wrong, with all due respect. Maybe you're cooking the
meth too hard when you smoke it, or maybe you're not getting it clean enuff
afters. A good scouring-out with a torch or on top of a gas range in between
big sessions, along with occasionally swabbing-out the insides with a q tip,
should get your glassware gakkin'-fresh again. IME it takes rather a lot of
usage before the stem gets nasty enuff that you should throw it away. You'll
know it's too fouled for further usage when it starts getting prety much opaque
on the insides with a sort of mung that flame-scouring and swabbing don't clean
out of it. Most of them get broke accidentally before they are that used up,
around my house anyways.
Post by john
Also, what other tips do you have to get the most out of smokeing your
shit? i.e. blowing out of your nose? holding it in longer? what else?
Hold it in like you would a toke of pot, like for 15 seconds to a half minute
if you can hold yer breath that long; the longer you hold it the more smoke
you'll absorb, hence the higher you'll become. If your shizzit is nice clean
fit-for-smoking material, and you don't get it too hot when you smoke it, you
should just barely feel and taste it as it goes in, which makes it considerably
easier to hold in a big toke of gakk vapors than a comparable volume of reefer
smoke is likely to be. Blowing it out yer nose doesn't increase the absorbtion
enuff to be worth bothering.
Post by john
AND well im at it... you ever notice that if you hold the smoke in
longer the less of it you blow out?
Yeppers, see above.
Post by john
when i take small hits and blow it
out imediatly seems like more smoke comes out than when I take a bigger
hit and hold it in... does this have to do with it being water soluable
and your lungs absorbing it all?
It does indeed.

Trust me, I been doing this for years.

viva la vida con drogas
Sparrow 13
The Extremely DeLux One
m***@ghostmail.net
2004-12-15 04:49:09 UTC
we also clean ours with rubbing alcohol, using q-tips, does anyone else
do that? someone told me once that jewellery cleaner works really
well, but I've never tried it. then, if there's a shortage, you could
soak them in a cup with water and a bit of bleach for a few hours,
although I heard it makes the glass thinner, they do get a lot cleaner.
Chronic
2004-12-24 16:10:33 UTC
you can also use acetone to clean in out, just put a little bit in
there, let it soak a little, then rinse it out with water, i mainly
just use a torch lighter to clean my pipe
tweekerTHAfreeker
2005-01-12 23:17:59 UTC
Okee guyz, this girly has some great tips for you :-D

First off, as far as cleaning the ole toob, yeah rubbing alcohol is fine
and dandy but doesnt make it look brand spankin new...torching the pipe
and burnin the junk out pits the glass and makes it weeker and weeker each
time, til finally you're shits gonna break...go to walmart, the carry this
shit called iron out, i believe the brand is whink..comes in a brown
bottle and cost 5 bux or less..i SWEAR by the shyt..its used to get iron
spots out of laundry and what not..when you're pipe gets real nasty pour
some in the toob and with a cu-tip it comes right off, dnt hafta work hard
at ALL...when your finished make sure u wash it out EXTRA good, and let it
dry...

Secondly, holding your hits in with this shit is not good at all..the
reason less smoke comes out the longer u hold it in is cuz it crystalizes
on your lungs n shit...notice how if u smoke n been up for a few days yer
chest starts hurting? Mmmmmhmm..holding it in longer isnt gonna getcha n e
more higher than just breathing in and holdin it for 2-4 seconds..if u
wanna hold something, smoke sum dank :-P

would love to hear sum feedback..lemme know!

Laur
surly mermaid
2005-01-13 17:42:05 UTC
Post by tweekerTHAfreeker
First off, as far as cleaning the ole toob, yeah rubbing alcohol is fine
and dandy but doesnt make it look brand spankin new...torching the pipe
and burnin the junk out pits the glass and makes it weeker and weeker each
time, til finally you're shits gonna break...go to walmart, the carry this
shit called iron out, i believe the brand is whink..comes in a brown
bottle and cost 5 bux or less..i SWEAR by the shyt..its used to get iron
spots out of laundry and what not..when you're pipe gets real nasty pour
some in the toob and with a cu-tip it comes right off, dnt hafta work hard
at ALL...when your finished make sure u wash it out EXTRA good, and let it
dry...
Ever heard of regular ole' bleach? Easier to get, cheap as dirt, actually
consumable in very minute doses, and cleans anything bad you put in it's
path.
Secondly, holding your hits in with this shit is not good at all..the
reason less smoke comes out the longer u hold it in is cuz it crystalizes
on your lungs n shit...notice how if u smoke n been up for a few days yer
chest starts hurting? Mmmmmhmm..holding it in longer isnt gonna getcha n e
more higher than just breathing in and holdin it for 2-4 seconds..if u
wanna hold something, smoke sum dank :-P
Go ahead Blow it out and waste all that shit. Waste it and stay paranoid
that we're all going to die when our lungs resemble a statue in a park.
We'll just be high longer than you, and our bags will get us by longer.
You should be slapped and sent to your room to think about what you've done.

The insides of our bodies are moist. Blow yer smoke out into a balloon, let
it stay inflated. After a while if you let the air out, it might have
crystalized. Blow a hit out into a wet sock, and it just gets absorbed. the
only way to get it to re-crystalize is gonna be to let that sock hang to
dry.
Post by tweekerTHAfreeker
would love to hear sum feedback..lemme know!
Happy to oblige: You're a stupid fucking moron. Go back to school.

--5urly
To reply in email, carefully remove my panties.
Sparrow 13
2005-01-14 02:25:12 UTC
tweekerTHAfreeker wrote...
holding your hits in with this shit is not good at all..the
reason less smoke comes out the longer u hold it in is cuz it crystalizes
on your lungs n shit....
You hear that a lot, but it's just not true. Meth is very water-solube, and
your lungs are very wet; there's no way the stuff is going to recrystalize in
there. The reason you let less smoke out when you hold it in longer is that
more of it absorbs into your tissues and from there into your bloodstream.
Post by tweekerTHAfreeker
notice how if u smoke n been up for a few days yer
chest starts hurting?
With all due respect for a fellow speedfreak and pipesucker, there are a lot
of different things that can cause that -- fatigue, stress on the heart, or
just the fact that smoking *anything* ain't real good for the lungs are the
three I can think of right off the top of my head.
Post by tweekerTHAfreeker
holding it in longer isnt gonna getcha n e
more higher than just breathing in and holdin it for 2-4 seconds
Again with all due respect, I must disagree from personal experience.
Post by tweekerTHAfreeker
smoke sum dank
On *that* we are in full agreement! Smoke da dank *and* da crank!

viva la vida con drogas
Sparrow 13
The Extremely DeLux One
M O
2005-01-25 04:50:21 UTC
Another way to clean the tube without using so many chemicals and not
costing any money is using cigarette ashes. Yup Cig Ashes just take a
Q tip get it wet and pick up a chunks of ashes with it. Use ashes that
are not crushed they work better. and clean away. the ashes are a
light abrasive you don't need to press hard. And before you even do
that take a sponge with the abrasive side lighly rub outside of the pipe
and you will be shocked to see that most of the stains are on the
outside of it. Finally rinse with water and dry.